Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gone and Done It

Six. Six long, but not really so long, years. Six years is how long I've been lusting over a zebra hide rug. I could never bring myself to make the plunge because A.) it's actually really kind of sad. And    2.) They're expensive. I tried to make myself go for a fake "cowbra" (dyed cowhide), but the thought of that was just so much more wrong. The animal was already killed, don't make it live out the rest of it's days as something it never was. And, ugh, I said the snottiest thing to my guy last week. "Honey. No. I'm not getting a dyed cow. If your going to do a zebra rug, it has to be a ZEBRA, rug. Shameless? Maybe.

Well. It happened. I couldn't TAKE looking and not having, one. More. Day. And the animal rest peacefully in my entry in all of its 4 x 7 exoticness. I justified it by getting an antique, that way, the animal would have already been dead by now from natural causes....right?

Well...here she is. No, no that doesn't sound right. Here he is...no...Ok. Here IT is.  The benches are antique finds, the pillows are custom. 

A found oil jar lends its roomy belly to 3 dozen roses. I majorly heart all of the imperfections on this  piece.

This. This is my pride and joy. Houston. I find myself just standing and gazing at it sometimes. Wishing I were there.........................................................................................................................oh...ok. I'm back, sorry. Anyway, this was in an old warehouse that my upholsterer moved into. It was hanging on their wall when you walked in the door and I drooled over it for almost two years before asking if I could purchase it. 

Can you say, "SCORE!" This was a flea market find that I had freshened up. Works perfectly in the space. I've tried to keep the top of it simple with a milagro inspired candle old french books and an orchid.

*swoon* When I saw this at Marburger I knew it'd be leaving with me. An antique fragment from a Portuguese carousel. *end swoon*


Be Inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...