Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Let There Be Light

They say where there's smoke, there's fire. I know first hand that isn't always the case, but, more often than not, where there's smoke, there's fire. I'm hoping for some light to soon be shed on some mysterious happenings going on around me, but, it the mean time, I have light fixtures to pick. The outside of my house hsd been painted, finally, and I must admit that it looks, so. Good. Now, the front porch, side of garage and my back deck are getting new fixtures. I know for sure what I am going to do on the porch and by the garage, but, the deck is taking some serious thought. *closing eyes* Close yours, too. Picture lush ferns, a trickling fountain, potted boxwoods and manicured gravel. Overlooking all of that is a bleached deck with a wrought iron scroll table with marble top. Surrounding the table are strapped iron chairs and flanking the table are white slipped host chairs. Ferns hanging from the beams also...And, to light this glorious space.....nothing...

Here's what I'm trowing around in my head....

To me, this would be gorgeous, but expected of me. It's perfection outside of my house, but, I'm just not feeling it for me right now. It's also perfection in this room. With what appears to be bigger furnishing everywhere else, I like that they kept the fixture open and airy. This is a timeless design and really goes in most spaces.

This is a simple French design, but I think it could be so pretty in my outdoors.  I like how it's done in this room with the pedestals of this table, that sea life and buffet. The props do all the hard stuff in this room and the fixture compliments everything beautifully.

I would love to see something this beaded and drapey hanging in my outdoor dining space. Would. Love it. And this is probably what I'll end up with. I love the swankiness it gives to this room. I love how everything in this area looks really nonchalant, but pristine and then, boom, that fixture hits you.
Be inspired.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...