Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Special Request...

You know that girl. The one in high school that all of the other girls liked (and all of the boys did, too). Well, 10 years out of school, I still like her..go figure. So, it was an of course when she asked me to feature patios. It must be that time of year, this past weekend, the hubby and I started preparing our yard for greener grass and brighter buds. And, I've heard many others doing the same. Maybe all the hard work will bring on sunnier days and warmer temps sooner? Wishing...

image via decorpad
I've actually got "order patio curtains" on my list of things to do. Restoration Hardware has some reasonable designs. I love how outdoor curtains make the patio an extension of your home's interior. I'm also slipping two host chairs for my outdoor table to give the space a dressier look. And I love love love the succulents in the concrete planters. Succulents are easy to maintain and have a nice European look to them. Which I love, of course.

These is a genius take on your typical wicker outdoor furniture. I'm so into those incredible wingbacks!

image via eclectic revisited
This is my dream patio. A french bistro set. Overflowing urn of asparagus fern. Complete with French daybed and concrete garden angel. I love the inviting casualness of this space. If I had this, i might quit dreaming of going to the South of France....naaaaah...

image via decorpad
Paper lanterns or tiny outdoor twinkle lights are also a fun way to prop your space. Pottery barn has a fab selection o f both. But when doing lights, remember to not over do. It's your patio. Not your prom.

Notice none of these spaces have your average ceiling fan. I know this is Texas, but come on. I prefer a nice chandelier or fixture, but if you must have a fan, make it a stylish one. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...