Friday, January 13, 2012

So it's come to this.

FYI. When your better half asks you "so, what are we doing tonight?", on a Friday, he apparently doesn't want to hear how you were planning to take a bath and go to bed. I thought when kids were brought into the picture, that made going to bed at 8:30 on a Friday night perfectly acceptable? No? Obviously, he wants you so say something like, "Ooo, movie night?" or (my personal favorite), "want to go somewhere?" How about no. I really want to take a bath, and go to bed. And then, when you don't sound excited about whatever it is you've agreed to do, he asks the question. "What's wrong?" Two words. Bath. Bed.

My dream Friday looks something like this (and preferably, in these particular spaces, in this particular order)...


image via decropad
These twin chaises are the perfect spot for afternoon blogging. I'm really lusting over that concrete coffee table. That's going on my "I need" list as I type. And I really like how the artwork went over the chaises, instead of the fireplace.

image via
*swoon* A fireplace in the kitchen. How cozy. And that espresso maker!! Yes, please?  I love how the white space is warmed up with the browns. This eating area is design heaven.

image via pinterest
*squeal* Pewter bathtub!!! I dream. Of pewter bathtubs...The simple primitiveness of this space is so gorgeous.  Notice how they used a rough piece of stone to hold tub necessities. And I have no idea what's on that shelf, but I love to think that it's stacked organic soaps!

image via
That. Window. That bed. Those covers. I like the window bare, because the bed and lighting are so overdone. Someone wise once told me, "it's not done until it's overdone" So what if it was a queen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...