Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Can Kind Of See Getting My Kicks..

Seriously. If Billy the Kid pottied in any town between Fort Stockton and Santa Fe, there's a billboard and/or museum about it. Amidst all the wild west mania, there were some real gems, though. If only I had my new camera (hint hint)...

Mixed in with the whole "out yonder" theme, Rt66 was still there. Staking it's claim on abandoned street corners and and ghostly drive in lots. Even before this trip, I've found myself gazing over rooms that have a vintage/retro/americana vibe. Cowhides, tulip tables and pinto inspired sofas. I don't think I could personally live that way for long, but I could definitely take an extended stay trip out west somewhere and be in space like that. However, I may put my own spin on the style, and use some Rt66 inspired pieces to finish off my space....we'll see...Happy to be back, y'all!

image via decorpad
The tulip chair. The classic mod/retro icon. I can totally see myself doing something like this. Old French trestle table paired with striking white tulips. Really liking the contrast with the dark floor in this space. I think I need a trestle table...

image via decorpad
Now, the tulip table. Usually seen as a small dining table, but here, dwarfed into a cocktail space. If you didn't already know, let me tell you...white leather SCREAMS mod, especially in this shape. But the pretty thing about it is that it can really mix well with any style. I think it brings an edge to the room. I'm totally down with white leather *mind wondering* hmm..on a baroque gilded settee....

image via decorpad
I'm doing a surprise design for my hubby in his new "man cave" (that he's sharing with the kids. Shhhh) and this chair would go perfectly!..Someone made a great choice with the vintage beach print paired with the woods and hide. This room is SoCal. Yes, I really just said that. 

image via
More hide! I love the vintage charm of this room. Kitschy props, sleek, but welcoming leather. This room was done right. And, it's actually a space I could see myself living with. 

image via decorpad
I'm into the vintage dining set paired with these aqua cabinets. Old tins are a great way to bring a retro Rt66  feeling into your space. If thats what you're going for, of course. That orange tin is done with such taste. You want to be careful when propping with things like tins, signage, bottles, etc..., or you'll come across a little flea market-esque. That's bad. Very bad.
image via pinterest
I want to own. This room. In all of it's well thought undoneness. I adore. A. Dore. That hide on those white 
floors. Notice the rustic bench serving as a side table with it's super cool shape and, the smidge of industrial with the metal letter......
...........................................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................
..............................Oh. Sorry. *snapping out of it*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...